6 Tips to Less Depression

By Claire Enos

Life has a way of tearing you down until you don't think you can take any more, lifting you back up, and then bringing you down farther than before just to bring you up higher than you've ever been. Lately, my life has been a roller coaster ride. This whole year has been one long ride of ups and downs. Despite everything, I try to stay as positive as possible. I've been at my absolute worst and had people come up to me and say I make them smile because I always seem to be so happy. So, how do I do it? Well, sometimes I don't even know how. But, I'll try to share some of my favorite remedies for a happy and positive outlook:


  1. Music- Music is one of the best remedies of all time. All it takes is one good uplifting song and suddenly I can't be upset anymore. I just have to keep moving forward and put on a smile. Strange how that works.
  2. Amazing Friends- I have an amazing group of friends! Some, I talk to about anything and they always seem to make me smile, and others I talk to when I'm feeling depressed and they just won't stand to let me stay depressed. Without them, I'm not sure what I would do.
  3. Family- When I start feeling really low, and can't seem to get out of it no matter what, I start listing off everyone I know that cares about me and loves me. My family is always first on that list, because I know that no matter what they will always be there for me, through thick and thin. They love me no matter what. 
  4. Hot Cocoa- No matter how upset I am, I can't be upset with a glass of hot cocoa in my hands! It's simply not even an option. Try it sometime! <3

Now, a list of things not to do, because there are those as well:

  1. Binge Watch Netflix- This isn't going to help anything. In fact, it tends to give me headaches, which aren't good when you're already upset and depressed. 
  2. Hang Out On Social Media- When I'm upset, there's nothing more upsetting than spending my whole day on Social Media. For one, it makes me feel like I'm not worth anything, and for two it makes me feel unproductive and unwanted. It's okay to get on once or twice, just don't spend all your time on social media, trust me.

Now, I'm not saying these are sure-fire ways of getting out of depression, just that they have worked for me in the past. And hey, if you're creative at all, CREATE! That always helps me to relieve my feelings. 

Enjoy life, follow the pixie dust, find a fairy... maybe even a dragon!

<3Claire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere

Beyond the Barrier [or] Brick Wall

Update/Snapshot Post