Love is a Choice

By Clarissa Enos Plagmann
It has been 147 days since I started dating my wonderful husband, 109 days since I said yes to marrying him, and ten days since I said yes at the altar and forever altered my life by agreeing to love him for the rest of my life and into the eternities.

It wasn't exactly an easy decision. After all, we moved quickly. I was hearing murmurs from people on both sides of the spectrum. Some were saying we were moving too quickly, others were congratulating us on knowing what was right. And in the back of my mind I wondered if I'd gone insane. But then I heard these four words: "Fear is a choice!" Those four words helped me to realize that those doubts I had were out of fear. Fear that it wouldn't work out, fear that I didn't really love him, fear that for whatever reason we'd fall out of love. It was then that I decided to substitute "Fear" for "Love."

"Love is a choice!" It is! The chemical reaction that sends tingles throughout your body and makes you feel like you're in love is great, but love is more than that. Love, the true kind, is a choice you make each and every day of your life, each second, each minute, each hour. It's a constant choice. To serve one another, to hug one another when one of you is feeling down or depressed, to make one another breakfast when one of you is feeling sick or even just because. It's always a choice.

That is what I have learned in my first 147 days of loving Preston Plagmann, my love, my best friend, my heart and soul, my helpmate. Love is a choice. Don't forget it!

Picture courtesy of Keyla Fastabend
Taken August 12th, 2017



Clarissa Enos Plagmann
Just living life one second, minute, hour, and day at a time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere

Beyond the Barrier [or] Brick Wall

Update/Snapshot Post