10 Books I Want to Read Before I'm 30

By Claire Enos

In honor of being 24 and turning 25 this year, I decided to write a: "10 Books I Want to Read Before I'm 30" post. These are books that either I really want to read or that I've been told I should read. If you can think of any other books I should read, let me know! 

  1. The Princess Bride- This book made it onto this list because I don't like the movie. I know, that's a weird reason to put a book on my list. And, I know, that's crazy that I don't like The Princess Bride. The reason it's on my list is because my roommate says that the book is better than the movie, and knowing that to be true in most cases, I thought I'd give the book a try. I don't mind the story line after all, it's more about the videography. 
  2. Catcher in the Rye- This book is on my list because it's a classic and I never had to read it when I was in high school or even in any of my English classes. I thought I'd give it a try and see what I thought since I've heard so much about it.
  3. El Libro de Mormón- I am currently learning Spanish, so I've been wanting to read The Book of Mormon in Spanish for a while. Maybe I will this summer while I'm in Mexico!
  4. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up- This is a book that my aunt loaned me because she thought I'd like it. It's all about cleaning and getting your life in order. I've seen it on bookshelves at the bookstores so I guess I should probably read it, right?
  5. The Storyteller's Daughter: A Retelling of the Arabian Nights- I remember one of my old substitute teachers read this to my 5th grade class. It took me years to find the book she read. Now, I want to read it now that I'm an adult and can appreciate it more.
  6. Delivered from Distraction- This is a book about dealing with ADD. I've been told I have it, and I do struggle with not getting distracted, so I thought I would read this to hopefully help myself. However, I haven't been able to get into it yet. We'll see. At least it's on my list, and on my desk...
  7. All The Light We Cannot See- This is a book by Anthony Doerr. My class had the opportunity to email him when we read his Four Seasons in Rome book. He seems like a great guy. Plus, another author came to my school and talked to my class personally and he suggested this book. It must be good, right?
  8. Jane Eyre- This one was suggested by a friend. She said she thought I'd really like it. Plus, it was a must when she realized I'd never read any Charlotte Bronte or Jane Austen. Now, I can't say I've never read any Jane Austen though, as I'm reading Northanger Abbey for a class right now.
  9. The Da Vinci Code- This one has been on my list for years. It intrigued me but I always got too busy before I could finish it. I will finish it, though. I promise!
  10. Holy and the Fallen (The Watchers of Men #2)- This one is just for fun. I read the first book a while ago and realized the second one was out. I just ordered this one for my Kindle so now I'm going to have to read it. I hope it's as good as the first one! If the reviews are anything to go by, it should be better! <3

Well, I hope you like my current list. I think I might add books as I finish them, so it always has ten books on the list. And I'm going to start posting reviews on this blog. I hope y'all are having a great week!

Love,

Claire


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere

Beyond the Barrier [or] Brick Wall

Update/Snapshot Post